On 6 Oct 2019, BTSS celebrated with our wonderful pediatric beneficiaries and their families at the NUS Guild House. A big group of 45 beneficiaries from 14 families started with a yummy lunch followed by a fun and interesting workshop with the NUS Students’ Community Service Club volunteers. While the kids were well engaged, parents gathered in a round table fashion to discuss concerns about their kids’ treatments, schooling and future. What better way to end the day than treating the kids to an old school type of carnival! The kids had fun playing carnival games and munching on snacks! Yuan Lin, our beneficiary, even walked off with the third prize at the lucky draw! BTSS would like to thank the students from NUSSCS for inviting our children in their “Grant A Wish XVII” activity.
Requirements for Eligibility of BTSS RHC Grant
- You have to be members of BTSS
- Supporting letters from relevant doctors for home care services / rehab
- Check and then make a declaration or provide proof that the services you require are not covered by other subsidies or your existing insurance covers
HNF provide nursing care in the following areas:
- Health assessment including monitoring of blood sugar and blood pressure
- Medication management
- Administration of injections/loading of insulin
- Nasogastric tube management
- Urinary catheters management
- Wound (including bed sores) and stoma care
- Removal of stitches/staples
- Negative Pressure Dressing
- Patient/caregiver training
HNF GPs provide the following services:
- Regular review of patients’ health status
- Order and review diagnostic tests
- Prescribe medication
- Refer patients to other team members e.g. nurses for nursing intervention and/or therapists for rehabilitation interventions
- Refer eligible patients to the Interim Disability Assistance Programme for the Elderly (IDAPE) and perform certification, if required.
HNF rehabilitation services include:
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
HNF therapists visit the patients at their homes and the number of recommended sessions is largely dependent on a patient’s rehabilitation potential. The range of visit intensity is classified into three main categories below.
- Home Rehabilitation (18 visits over 6 months)
- Home Based Training (3 visits per year)
- Home Environment Review / Home Modification (2 visits)
As a diverse community, all of us in the BTSS family strive to be a source of support and community for each other.
To help us better communicate our ethos and provide guidelines for interacting with each other and our partners, we would like to introduce our core values. May these serve as helpful principals that can direct and shape this community of ours.